aka: THE CRAZY COSTUME LADY:: Feel free to browse my old blog (Aunt George's House), there is a link in the right column...four years worth of blogging, sewing, sharing, tears and joys. My new costumer blog will be filled with joy and lots of new creations. I need a way to share what I am doing with my friends, family and fellow costumers. Thank you for stopping by! Let me know you were here!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

365 Challenge....

I have been reading about the 365 challenge and decided to sign up to do it thinking it was a set daily challenge of trinkets, not realizing that it is really a challenge to do what one loves to inspire creativity and to challenge one to push one's self beyond the humdrum routine of what life can become when inspiration is allowed to slip away

For years I have specialized in craft supplies aquisitions, and then it sits languishing in my studio...I'm inspired at first and then like "Sands through the hourglass..." hehehe, inspiration slips away. So I am truly challenging myself to do something I need to do, I want to do and what I hope will in fact take me to a higher level loving my planet and using my resources well, and put me to the test of what I truly believe which is recycle, reuse and repurpose and reduce!!!

So I am revising my Daily 365 to include what inspires me....it might be a trinket, it might be a poem, it might be a cape, it might be a brilliant photo, basically I want to have a daily inspiration. I want to create something every day over the next year. Something that will make me smile and hopefully make someone else smile a little bit too, AND HELP ME TO DESTASH!!!!

Beth, I am still a trinketeer,and VERY much thank you for the inspiration and the idea. I want to thank you for directing me to where you also got your inspiration. Great site everyone...very inspirational (how many times can I say that word in this posting??)

So hopefully if you choose to follow my blog, you too will be inspired to do what makes you smile: draw a portrait, bake a new cookie, get up every day at 5 am and take a photo of your birdfeeder. Whatever stimulates your creativity, what ever awakes your muse, what ever makes you feel alive and moving forward in your life...I hope you too will consider doing that for 365 days this next year!

Blessings to all who read and share their inspirations!

G

6 comments:

  1. You are AMAZING! And you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh...Jennifer you are an inspiration in my life dear Auntie! hehehe.....What time are we going to be inspired in Mebane tomorrow???? I hope you don't mind if I go too????? Love you, G

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is WONDERFUL! This is why our own perception of this challenge is what inspires us and everyone involved. Bravo!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. De-stashing is a HUGE challenge for me! Only wish I had thought of that before I got so stuck on the idea of trinkets :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful idea :) I am so lost when i cant create :something: every day

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very thankful to many friends for turning me on to crafting, I started and can't stop. If I don't so something everyday, even if it's just sand on a peice of wood, I feel like something is missing...Being creative keeps the soul alive and vibrant!!

    ReplyDelete