aka: THE CRAZY COSTUME LADY:: Feel free to browse my old blog (Aunt George's House), there is a link in the right column...four years worth of blogging, sewing, sharing, tears and joys. My new costumer blog will be filled with joy and lots of new creations. I need a way to share what I am doing with my friends, family and fellow costumers. Thank you for stopping by! Let me know you were here!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Taking an honest look at myself and vintage fashions...basically a weird rant today! LOL

What amazes me when looking at vintage fashion is the sophistication of the lines and fabrics and vibrant colors. One thing that ties women together through the ages is the desire to be fashionable and to look one's best. As we grow older, it is not so much part of the mating ritual, but rather for personal satisfaction. My early New Years Resolution is to try to capture a bit of that for myself!

Taking a honest look at myself!
As a rubenesque woman...most vintage finds do not fit me, so I revel in the fact that my lovely daughters are able to fit in them and they, in most cases, love to wear them.  I think that I shall practice my drafting skills and start sizing vintage patterns up for the use by larger women such as myself.  I would like to capture a bit of that glamour in my life.  I know people say that beauty starts from within, and yes, I do know that, but when I don't feel like I look nice, then it does change who I am inside and I begin to believe that I am that frumpy person.  Changing oneself is difficult, but perhaps if I stop thinking: that will never fit me, so I must be ugly...less desirable....frumpy....well you fill in the blank, then I can start appreciating who I really am..inside and outside.  I am a talented and beautiful woman.  I have lived through so many things that would destroy a less resilient person.  I am ME with all of my lumps, warts, bumps and intelligence.  I LOVE ME FOR ME, and then perhaps my daughters and those I love can LOVE me for me too...wait  THEY ALREADY DO!!!  So what the hell is wrong with my thinking, I am my biggest impediment...so off with the old, off with the self stupidity...move forward through the rest of my life as the beautiful person who I AM!

2 comments:

  1. You are, and always have been, a beautiful person - inside and out. I am so lucky that my son brought you into our life and family. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, I can read and post on blogs, I had to upgrade my browser....I am loving your blogs, you are one amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete