aka: THE CRAZY COSTUME LADY:: Feel free to browse my old blog (Aunt George's House), there is a link in the right column...four years worth of blogging, sewing, sharing, tears and joys. My new costumer blog will be filled with joy and lots of new creations. I need a way to share what I am doing with my friends, family and fellow costumers. Thank you for stopping by! Let me know you were here!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Adventures in Costuming...

This is what I am calling a class that I will be teaching for the Children's Theater of Winston Salem starting in September.  I hope somebody signs up for it!  It will be a low sew/no sew class.  We will cover simple design, construction and embellishment of:  Wings, capes, wands and tutus.  Ages 4 up to high school age...with an adult accompanying the younger children.I have drafted some cute and easy caps with hoods and tutus.  Hats will also be included and I am building a website with my patterns and step by step instructions that will be available to my students and their parents.  The patterns will be included in the class.  We will cover different fabrics and their care and use, how to use a glue gun, adding bling aka:  shiny things to costumes etc.  I think it will be a really fun class and I am going to teach it with the help of my daughters.  We are all planning on making and wearing these items into the classroom each week.  At the end...the Saturday after Halloween, we will have a little costume party and parade with photos. I really want to give my students...if I have any...their money's worth, give them a desire to learn more about sewing and creating and hopefully start a lifelong love of costumes and the feeling of doing something with their child.  Costumes made accessible and changeable as a child grows.

Really looking forward to this.
Georgann

No comments:

Post a Comment