aka: THE CRAZY COSTUME LADY:: Feel free to browse my old blog (Aunt George's House), there is a link in the right column...four years worth of blogging, sewing, sharing, tears and joys. My new costumer blog will be filled with joy and lots of new creations. I need a way to share what I am doing with my friends, family and fellow costumers. Thank you for stopping by! Let me know you were here!

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Maid Marion is turning out beautiful.

Maid Marion:  work in progress

I decided to do a clean lined tunic in saturated shade of apple green with a slub weave  over a simple cream colored soft cotton dress.  I also found a killer belt at the Goodwill today for 10 cents!  Yes, you read that correctly 10 cents!!  I think it goes perfectly with it.  I'm doing a double pass single fold bias tape application on the edges.  It is tedious, but it will be strong and it is going on without any rippling of the bias tape.  The bias tape is a metallic gold!  I'll post a photo as soon as I can find a camera with a card in it!

Close up of Maid Marion.  That is the hand beaded/embroidered belt from the Goodwill for a dime!
I am really tired tonight...been sewing tunics all day.  I have a nice plaid one for one of the girls that has 24 button holes in it with lacing up both sides.  Sewing hooded neck collars...kind of a funky look and crocheting around some of the edges with a bulky stitch.  Trying to make this look organic, woodsy and a bit cheeky.
One of the more tailored tunics with the side lacing for one of the Merry Maids!

Rob is doing a FABULOUS job on the "swords" and scabbards...they are sensational!!  He is doing it with venetian blinds, magnets, wooden spoons, dowel rods, wood finials and silver spray paint!  I LOVE them.

Well, I'm calling it a night...really tired and can't shake this darned headache that I have been sporting all day.  More photos as soon as I can take them!

Love and light and FABRIC dreams!

G

No comments:

Post a Comment