aka: THE CRAZY COSTUME LADY:: Feel free to browse my old blog (Aunt George's House), there is a link in the right column...four years worth of blogging, sewing, sharing, tears and joys. My new costumer blog will be filled with joy and lots of new creations. I need a way to share what I am doing with my friends, family and fellow costumers. Thank you for stopping by! Let me know you were here!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Harvest Skirt

017/365

I am giving you a glimpse into what I wear and feel most comfortable in.  This is me.  I know it is not up to date fashion, nor is it the most chic skirt, but it is me.

I destashed a beautiful vintage calico fabric in a soft blue floral with a background that is somewhat tea stained/grey in coloring.  I LOVE pockets and you can see pockets on pockets and I have secret pockets and a pocket to hold long sticks in too.  I will be wearing this skirt in my herb garden, so I added huge harvest pockets to it.  I will be adding skirt cinchers to pull up the skirt when trudging through deep grass or water.

The petticoat is one I made a while back, but I wear it with all of my long skirts.  It is made out of the softest recycled bed skirt ever.  100% cotton.  It is trimmed with green tassels left over from someones forgotten and discarded curtain project.  If the winner of the January drawing chooses a Harvest skirt, I will make a custom one for you out of some fabric that I have on hand.  I will customize the pockets for you too.  This one is mine.

I do hope you enjoy my Destash for today, and yes, I really do dress just like this...this is on my body sized sewing manikin.

Close up of Harvest Skirt print...and I made those little handy bags too.

Back view...my dear sister in Colorado calls these big butt skirts.  But what does she put on when she needs comfort and connection with the earth and her sister?  One of my Big Butt Skirts!

Harvest Skirt with the front pinned up so you can see my petticoat too.  Pure relaxation and comfort.  I also love to layer a pair of soft pantaloons under this too.  I can see why our formothers wore these...they are surprisingly cool in summer and warm in winter.  I make them out of flannel...now we are talking Supreme winter comfort.  Curl your legs up and under, cuddle in front of the fireplace and read a good book while sipping sweet herbal tea.....ah.....


Namaste'....................Geordannah

6 comments:

  1. I love it G, and if I could sew that's exactly how I would dress as well. I am always looking at the goodwill for a long hippy skirt(s) but I never have any luck. It's fantastic, and hey, when you get to be our age we don't have to keep up with the latest fashions anymore. Just be who you are, because it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice!
    I wear what I want as well, with no regard to current fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it !!!!!!!!!!! I love a soft skirt ....esp with big pockets . When i was in my 20's i use to think jeans was the only thing to wear...now skirts are my comfort item to wear

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Bella, it's all about comfort and expressing your true self

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone...This is my signature piece. Last night I dreamed of a new accessory to make to wear with my skirts....so I shall try to make a couple tonight. Hi ho hi ho, it's off to work I go....see you toinght..................g

    ReplyDelete