![]() Sweet Basil My mind has been drifting to summer days with the bees buzzing around the basil. The aroma of basil has been stirring longings of working in my herb garden again. I look forward to digging in the earth, feeling the sun on my back and the sweet smell of basil when you brush it with your hands. I found this wool roving bead in a knitting shop in Greensboro and fell in love with it. When paired with pale green Swarovski crystasl and tiger tail they remind me of the look of summer basil after a rain with droplets shimmering on leaves. |
aka: THE CRAZY COSTUME LADY:: Feel free to browse my old blog (Aunt George's House), there is a link in the right column...four years worth of blogging, sewing, sharing, tears and joys. My new costumer blog will be filled with joy and lots of new creations. I need a way to share what I am doing with my friends, family and fellow costumers. Thank you for stopping by! Let me know you were here!
Saturday, January 8, 2011
Sweet Basil 008/365
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

very nice :) it does have a soft summery look :)
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE these little wooly beads! The medium makes a nice crossover from Fall/Winter to Spring/Summer.
ReplyDeleteI have never seen those before but look how adorable they are! I need to get out more, so I can experience new and exciting things. They are the perfect length. Adorable!
ReplyDeleteThey are fabulous G, and what a wonderful color, very Earthy..I have been working on my wood working and making planters for this Spring, your earrings and the thoughts are a wonderful reminder that Spring and my herb garden are just around the corner!!
ReplyDelete