aka: THE CRAZY COSTUME LADY:: Feel free to browse my old blog (Aunt George's House), there is a link in the right column...four years worth of blogging, sewing, sharing, tears and joys. My new costumer blog will be filled with joy and lots of new creations. I need a way to share what I am doing with my friends, family and fellow costumers. Thank you for stopping by! Let me know you were here!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ocean Breezes

015/365

As I reflect on my crafting organizational skills over the past few years, I can't believe I spent so much time in acquisitions rather than in creating or production.  It is easy getting caught up in the "can't think of something to make, so let me go and buy something that inspires me" mode.  OR....look at this great sale at Michaels or ACMoore or (insert your favorite craft store here), let me go and acquire more inspirational things to make something out of.  Unfortunatly, I have spent some much time, effort and resources gathering and storing rather than sitting down and doing and creating that there was a double fold problem:  Wasting resources:  money, time, ideas and guilt: spending money, wasting time and having nothing to show for it.  Now, making the commitment of "The Daily Destash 365"  it is a promise to my self and an accountability to others to JUST DO IT.  Stop acquiring and start creating.  I am finding my inspiration not in wandering around looking at things to acquire to put into my stash and do something with someday, but rather in something I see, something I feel or something that I dream.  Isn't that the way it should be?

So long story short, Today's creation...I know I said I was going to sew, but my muse took me in a different direction for the moment when my daughter said this morning:  Mom, I'm going to do ocean themed makeup today..........*´¨)¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤That's magic muse dust there......I give you Ocean Breezes earrings.  They are created totally out of stashed items that I thought I could use someday.  Blue glass beads cut off of a salvaged top from a Goodwill bin, Pearls cut off of a Goodwill sweater, Clear beads from an old curtain.  The silver wire and ear hooks I had in my stash. 

Ocean Breezes
 I am still going to be sewing today...I have so many ideas at the moment that I am writing them in a journal for future reference, and all of them are to be done with things that I have waiting for me, waiting for their time of creation.  Waiting for me to JUST DO IT.

Have a beautiful and creative day..................Namaste'
Geordannah

6 comments:

  1. What I am loving is that even your photos have been works of art for us to enjoy.

    Here's to catching many more ocean breezes together in our future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Jennifer. I agree on the works of art and as for the beach trip, can't wait!! By the way, would that be the journal I gave you for Christmas? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. G!! Another beautiful creation and I sooooo enjoyed your write up along with it. I am in the process of organzing my sewing/craft room and agree with you 120%. So much time aquiring and no time to create. Hopefully, along with doing laundry today and cleaning the house, I will find just a bit more time to continue organizing. I need it straightened as I can't work in the chaos I have now! Thank you also for the idea of the journal for future projects. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jennifer and yes, I am so looking forward to our next ocean trip...that was so in my mind while creating these earrings. I have enough to do a pair for all of us, and thank you for the photo comment! YES Joyce I am using your gift to me to be the repository for my creative ideas!! Thank you dear mother (((hug))) and Nancy, reorganizing my creative space made so much difference. I can see everything and know what is there and it has made it so much easier to create and stick to my 365 Destash commitment!! Love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and "Nikki" is wearing the Ocean breezes and they look lovely with her ocean themed makeup today!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those turned out pretty ! I have been using up stuff also. I did have to buy some new beads cause i was about out....now I am having a blast with them

    ReplyDelete