aka: THE CRAZY COSTUME LADY:: Feel free to browse my old blog (Aunt George's House), there is a link in the right column...four years worth of blogging, sewing, sharing, tears and joys. My new costumer blog will be filled with joy and lots of new creations. I need a way to share what I am doing with my friends, family and fellow costumers. Thank you for stopping by! Let me know you were here!
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
A trinket....rather amateurish, but I was making this one through tears... 005/365
Very emotional day today. Went in early, worked hard all day so I could get off early to get a Mammogram. The first two I had 8 years ago, nearly scared me to death...but all was clear. The worst part was the humiliation of it all. I had a very uncaring technician who left me in the squeezer, naked on the top half while she stepped out to take a personal phone call and left the door wide open that was in direct site of the waiting room....not such a good experience. That was in VA and that former employer of mine shall remain un-named....Today, I went to a clinic sponsored by the organization I work for, and it was actually a very good experience...as good as it can be considering the squeezer...but she was kind and efficient and locked the door when we entered the scan room and never left. One would think a nurse like myself, wouldn't be afraid of much, but perhaps, we know too much and are too traumatized by what we ourselves do to people....anyhoo....this little trinket, done when I got home tonight while I was sobbing is not the prettiest thing in the world, but it came from the heart. The pink ribbon is a pretty thrifted ribbon, and all of the other stones have a meaning to me: Pink Pearls and sparkly clear crystals symbolize the tears we shed for our lost sisters and mothers and for just being women in general and tears we shed over the fear of losing ourselves and families to such a disease. The moon stone is for healing of my heart and since I am totally a moon child, I always have to have moonstone. The amethyst crystal is just for the feeling that everything is ok...that there is always hope. Oh, and don't get alarmed...I'm just a big baby and this was a well visit. Doesn't make it any easier especially since over 27 years, I nursed so many dear sisters with Breast Cancer.
Sleep well, and thank you for reading.........Namaste'
G
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


So sweet, Geordannah!
ReplyDeleteNo no.. Not amateurish at all sweetie. For those who have never had a mammogram.. there is no understanding of the clicker..the vulnerability, the uncomfortableness. This necklace has meaning, and that is all that matters. I think it looks divine, my two cents worth! <3
ReplyDeleteIt is awesome! After going through a big scare last month I can relate. I was lucky enough to get a really nice tech. So sorry you had to go through that. The trinket is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteEverything your hands touch radiates beauty and good energy..When something is created with love it can't be anything less then beautiful.
ReplyDeleteAww...thank you all for the loving and kind comments! I am actually doing a revision on the necklace tonight and it is gorgeous and makes me smile from ear to ear!! I hope you all love it when I post it tonight!!
ReplyDeletei love your necklace :) i know how you feel about the exam. :(
ReplyDelete