I don't know what I would do without all of these shelves. I love them. The elderly couple who lived here before us bulit the work table and the shelves. I made black curtains to pull around to separate the rooms and for photography purposes. I can pull the curtains to make different areas. My workroom/studio takes up half of my basement, and I do love it down here. I've never had this much room for a studio before. Just finished cleaning and rearranging and by doing this, it makes me want to sew and create.
The cape is for Alice.





OOH G! That is a dream room! Seriously.. I need shelves.. lots and lots of shelves. It looks like a wonderful place to spend your time.
ReplyDeleteo O (daydreams) O o .
Thank you...I do love my basement studio! I spend alot of time down there. It has taken me a year to get it organized and arranged how I like it. My husband rigged lines along the rafters for the curtaining system, so I can pull the curtains and make cozy rooms. I had 50 yards of black cotton that I was going to use to make Nun costumes for the play "Nunsense" but the season was canceled before I could make the costumes, so I made curtains out of the fabric! Voila!
ReplyDeleteThere is something to be said about having your space.. and using materials for good uses.. I love the "cozy rooms" ideas. Thrifty, creative.. it's good to feel.. ingenious!
ReplyDeleteI am officially writhing with envy. My workspace is a mess. I need a bottomless gift card for the purchasing of organizy materials to store the piles of yarn, paper, shipping materials, and office materials that are flooded my office/studio.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean on needing an endless gift card. Tehre is so much I'd like to add too...but a very happy with the way this has turned out. You will be here in my basement in less than two weeks now so we can create something wonderful together! Between now and then I shall get out my mother's embroidery machine and try to learn to use it. Something I have promised myself to learn to use this year!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a magical work space, and everything you make reflects the wonderful energy that comes from you.....WOW it's fantastic!!
ReplyDelete