aka: THE CRAZY COSTUME LADY:: Feel free to browse my old blog (Aunt George's House), there is a link in the right column...four years worth of blogging, sewing, sharing, tears and joys. My new costumer blog will be filled with joy and lots of new creations. I need a way to share what I am doing with my friends, family and fellow costumers. Thank you for stopping by! Let me know you were here!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

OK...changing gears. My daughter wanted a coin purse!

DAILY DESTASH:  002/365

I found a box of zippers last year at the Goodwill for $1 and got probably 50 of these in white, yellow and pale blue....so:  one of my zipper stash is now used.  This was so much fun to make and I can see so many more in our future!  The little purse charm for the zipper pull was 19 cents from Ben Franklin a couple of years ago too and the twill handle came off of a huge roll I bought at the Goodwill for a quarter for the roll.  She picked out the lining color which is a salvaged cotton shirt.  Hope this one makes you smile today!!
P.S.  I made a second one in case January's winner chooses this little coin purse for their prize.



5 comments:

  1. Thank you...been wanting to try a small coin purse, and the girls just adore Hello Kitty...she is back in fashion now with the tween set! So it is Hello Kitty everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be the first to admit I have a trouble with zippers.. I think it's a learned talent.. that I haven't mastered yet *laughing*.. but look at that adorable little Hello kitty coin purse. I think the fact that it is gathered materials found as a bargain made SO adorably is the key. She's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute! Aren't those just so fun to make! You can whip one out in a few minutes, or a dozen out in a couple hours. Great way to use up zippers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW how cute is that??? I just bought a coin purse a lot like that at a craft fair, and I paid $12.00 for it, girl, your onto something with this one!!

    ReplyDelete