014/365
LOST AND FOUND
I thought I lost a part of me. Something I couldn't remember and perhaps didn't know that I lost it. I really didn't know if I would ever get it back...read on and discover what it is that I am re-discovering. Something perhaps that truly wasn't lost.
Snowflake Obsidian and Silver
A stone of Honesty, Sincerity and Truth, Obsidian will bring out the Warrior spirit in you. It can help reach into your subconscious, reclaim yourself, and help you find or re-discover forgotten abilities within yourself
Silver is told to bring advantage to it's wearer throughout life. It is used to conjure patience and perseverance to the wearer, and it is used extensively with gemstones due to the fact that the metal attracts and retains the qualities emitted by the stones.
It is known to enhance the powers of the moon, particularly during the full and new moons. Throughout the world it is identified with the lunar manifestations of the Great Mother, the eternal goddess. As the metal is reflective, as the moon reflects the light of the sun, so does silver reflect negativity from the wearer. Tiny silver globes, or any sliver jewelry can be worn for magical security; used to provide protection again evil intent, reflecting spells of harm back to the sender.
Feathers
The feather is useful in cleaning auras. It is a symbolic connection with the air elemental.
- I've had this snowflake obsidian and silver spacers for a very long time and have been wanting to create something with them, but just didn't have the motivation. If you look closely at the silver spacers, you can see that they have a light patina on them, or rather...tarnished. Polishing it crossed my mind briefly, but then I decided to leave it a little tarnished to remind me of keeping my creative side polished. The feather is there to help connect and cleanse my creative aura.
I've never worked with Snowflake Obsidian before so it surprised me to find out what it means. One of the most enjoyable aspects of this creative odyssey is get to know new stones and their deeper meanings. I'm finding that I am truly re-discovering forgotten abilities within myself. I hope that this blog inspires you to re-discover forgotten abilities in yourself. Get some snowflake obsidian....tuck it in your pocket, put it on a silk cord around your neck or wrist and see what happens.
Thank you for blogging with me today.
Lost and Found
pretty pretty!
ReplyDeleteIt is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThank you Bella and Joy!! It was fun to make
ReplyDeleteBeautiful piece, and I'm drooling over that Lily of the Valley pitcher!
ReplyDeleteIsn't that a choice little flower pitcher. Found that in an antique shop in Richmond VA a few years ago.....I totally fell in love with it even though it is not that old. It is from the eighties and it is an FTD vase. The coloring and the white lilies just captured my attention immediately. Thank you Patsy
ReplyDeletethat is a beautiful piece !!!!!!!
ReplyDelete